Saturday, July 27, 2013

Vinesh and Simi: Brilliance

 I remember when I first sat down with Vinesh and Simi. I asked Vinesh to explain why he knew Simi was the one for him, and the resident of London used one of those British phrases that I've always found interesting:

"She's brilliant," Vinesh told me.


 It took me a second to catch what he was saying. In the Americanized version, "brilliant" means highly intelligent, which is a fair description of a woman who works in the challenging field of physical therapy for disabled youths.

But in the traditional (British) sense, something that is brilliant has light radiating, even exploding, out of it. Once I figured out what Vinesh was saying, I thought his word choice was excellent.

On their wedding day, both of them were brilliant.







Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment